- Αυτή η εκδήλωση έχει τελειώσει.
Third Demographic Summit
18 Ιανουαρίου - 19 Ιανουαρίου
Handling the demographic emergency – The role of science, governments and citizens
Demographic decline is probably the most important challenge that European nations as well as many developed and developing countries around the world are facing. Demographics experts, economists, scientists and policymakers warn that population decline undermines sustainable and inclusive growth in a decisive way. This also applies to Greece, which is facing an acute demographic crisis. Various solutions have been proposed, including the integration of legal immigrants. Nevertheless, policies to balance work and family life as well as the role of science in reversing low fertility rate remain of critical importance and at the top of the agenda for Europe.
- How are social security policies and demographic sustainability interrelated?
- Why is the role of confidence between government and citizens critical?
- What are the new scientific tools in the context of reversing low birth-rate?
- How do natural disasters affect the demographic landscape?
- What is the effect of media and social media on the demographic crisis?
It is against this setting that the Economist Impact events have great pleasure in announcing the organisation of the Third Demographic Summit entitled “Handling the demographic emergency – The role of science, governments and citizens”, which is scheduled to take place on January 18th-19th 2024 in Athens.+